Allison and Stephen’s wise, warm, inclusive, and often humorous narrative style is engaging and inspiring, and yet clear and accessible. Literally, it will help you melt, to put down the fight, and surrender to the power of true health.
—from the Foreword by Sara Gottfried, MD.
The Gut Wellness Guide
by Allison Post and Stephen Cavaliere
Also available as an audiobook!
A user-friendly guide for anyone grappling with hard-to-pin-down causes of chronic pain, fatigue, gas, bloating, and other common disorders associated with the gut, as well as those wanting to improve their overall health.
Addressing a wide range of conditions--including digestive problems, anxiety, and depression--this easy-to-use guide presents simple and direct ways to relieve the stress related to some of today's most pressing health problems. It shows the devastating impact that imbalances of gut microbiota and the microbiome can have on digestion--and on hormonal, immune, and brain function--and demonstrates proven techniques to reconnect with our bodies and reclaim our health. The Gut Wellness Guide introduces the method of Unwinding, a clear and accessible way to connect the "gut brain" to the "main brain" and to relax, tune in to your body, and create a customized action plan to heal.
* Provides new information about the gut microbiome
* Shows how to hold onto health goals while navigating mainstream medicine and alternative health programs
* Explains why the gut is critical in hormonal and immune function
* Helps with a wide variety of digestive ailments, including Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, and food sensitivities
* Teaches self-help techniques for increasing metabolism and cellular energy and revitalizing the natural healing powers of the body