The Gut Wellness Guide
by Allison Post and Stephen Cavaliere
295 pages hardbound
$24.95 order here
A user-friendly guide for anyone grappling with hard-to-pin-down causes of chronic pain, fatigue, gas, bloating, and other common disorders associated with the gut, as well as those wanting to improve their overall health.
Addressing a wide range of conditions--including digestive problems, anxiety, and depression--this easy-to-use guide presents simple and direct ways to relieve the stress related to some of today's most pressing health problems. It shows the devastating impact that imbalances of gut microbiota and the microbiome can have on digestion--and on hormonal, immune, and brain function--and demonstrates proven techniques to reconnect with our bodies and reclaim our health.The Gut Wellness Guide introduces the method of Unwinding, a clear and accessible way to connect the "gut brain" to the "main brain" and to relax, tune in to your body, and create a customized action plan to heal.
* Provides new information about the gut microbiome
* Shows how to hold onto health goals while navigating mainstream medicine and alternative health programs
* Explains why the gut is critical in hormonal and immune function
* Helps with a wide variety of digestive ailments, including Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, and food sensitivities
* Teaches self-help techniques for increasing metabolism and cellular energy and revitalizing the natural healing powers of the body.
video & audio
Breath, Touch, Awareness for a Healthy Gut and Joyful Living
with Allison Post
video and audio course
$19.95 stream or download order here
Unwinding is an essential skill of the healing process. When we breathe and make gentle contact with our center we discover what truly ails us. Once we develop an aware and intuitive relationship with ourselves, we can begin to allow sensations and patterns of unease to pass through the tissues of our body, and our mind, and to flow with our internal pattern of health.
• Learn to contact your gut and breathe comfortably, safely, and in gentle stages, at your own pace.
• Become more intimate with your diaphragm and breath; experience your body three-dimensionally
• Know your body in an authentic way
• Cultivate the ability to self-regulate and soothe your nervous system
• Become firmly grounded in your own body and experience, and enhance and bring more joy to the other body/mind practices that you might do, such as Dance, Yoga, Qigong, and Meditation.
The Unwinding Program includes a video that clearly demonstrates step by step, the breathing and touch techniques, and a separate audio recording, also with step-by-step instructions, that allows you to sense in without visual distraction. In this program The two modalities of learning combine so that you can first learn the technique comprehensively before going deeper in a more meditative state to fully tap into inner resources that create and manifest your inherent health.
Allison will be taking part in workshops soon. To be notified with workshop information, dates and locations please use the contact page.