The Gut Wellness Guide
by Allison Post and Stephen Cavaliere
A user-friendly guide for anyone grappling with hard-to-pin-down causes of chronic pain, fatigue, gas, bloating, and other common disorders associated with the gut, as well as those wanting to improve their overall health.
Addressing a wide range of conditions--including digestive problems, anxiety, and depression--this easy-to-use guide presents simple and direct ways to relieve the stress related to some of today's most pressing health problems. It shows the devastating impact that imbalances of gut microbiota and the microbiome can have on digestion--and on hormonal, immune, and brain function--and demonstrates proven techniques to reconnect with our bodies and reclaim our health.The Gut Wellness Guide introduces the method of Unwinding, a clear and accessible way to connect the "gut brain" to the "main brain" and to relax, tune in to your body, and create a customized action plan to heal.
* Provides new information about the gut microbiome
* Shows how to hold onto health goals while navigating mainstream medicine and alternative health programs
* Explains why the gut is critical in hormonal and immune function
* Helps with a wide variety of digestive ailments, including Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, and food sensitivities
* Teaches self-help techniques for increasing metabolism and cellular energy and revitalizing the natural healing powers of the body.
Allison and Stephen’s wise, warm, inclusive, and often humorous narrative style is engaging and inspiring, and yet clear and accessible. Literally, it will help you melt, to put down the fight, and surrender to the power of true health.
—from the Foreword by Sara Gottfried, MD.
Breath, Touch, Awareness for a Healthy Gut and Joyful Living with Allison Post
Unwinding is an essential skill of the healing process. When we breathe and make gentle contact with our center we discover what truly ails us. Once we develop an aware and intuitive relationship with ourselves, we can begin to allow sensations and patterns of unease to pass through the tissues of our body, and our mind, and to flow with our internal pattern of health.
• Learn to contact your gut and breathe comfortably, safely, and in gentle stages, at your own pace.
• Become more intimate with your diaphragm and breath; experience your body three-dimensionally
• Know your body in an authentic way
• Cultivate the ability to self-regulate and soothe your nervous system
• Become firmly grounded in your own body and experience, and enhance and bring more joy to the other body/mind practices that you might do, such as Dance, Yoga, Qigong, and Meditation.
The Unwinding Video Course clearly demonstrates the breathing and touch techniques in step by step. It includes . . .
The Unwinding Audio Recording has the same step by step instruction of the breathing and touch techniques but is presented at a slower, more meditative pace. This allows you to sense in without visual distraction. It also includes a bonus embodiment meditation that helps the listener develop the important skill of 'pause and rest' breathing, which helps to effortlessly and naturally lengthen the inhale and exhale, become more aware of the space that the body inhabits, and slow down the ???? to better access the vagal nervous connection between the brain and the rest of the body.
In the complete program, video and audio, the two modalities of learning can be combined so that you can first learn the technique comprehensively (by seeing) before going deeper in a more meditative state (listening) to fully tap into inner resources that create and manifest your inherent health.
Whole-Body Explorations with Allison Post
Whole Body Explorations is an audio course where Allison leads the listener on a guided meditation for the entire body.
It also includes a bonus embodiment meditation that helps the listener develop the important skill of 'pause and rest' breathing, which helps to effortlessly and naturally lengthen the inhale and exhale, become more aware of the space that the body inhabits, and slow down the ???? to better access the vagal nervous connection between the brain and the rest of the body.